Thursday, November 6, 2008

Naked...

That's how I feel when I show some of my artwork, probably that’s why it took me all this time to post it in my blog.

Hi everyone ! Today I'm presenting some of my pieces from Disforia, the serie that represents my awakening as a fine artist and the beginning of a new career. http://www.uconmag.com/vargas/index.html
_____________________________________________

The artist's dream-35"x45"
_________________________________________________

People can call me a graphic designer, an illustrator, a print maker, but after Disforia and more than anything I became a storyteller. Disforia is a representation of a journal; an individual diary of personal thought and feeling brought to form, allowing my feelings become the viewer's.

"darkness, loneliness, cold fear, exhaustion and a soft voice whispering on my ear: “virna... virnita...”


Feeling like I feel - 18"X24" One color lithograph

Augurio 17"x24" One color Lithograph

Feeling like a feeling on red 18"x24" -
One color lithograph on handmade red paper
__________________________________________________

I big influence on what I do come from expressionist artists (German Expressionist to be specific) and like them I do seek to bring very basic instincts of the human condition into visual form.

Untitled 35"X45" - One color lithograph
_________________________________________________

I could not come to this point of discover and experiment without the influence of the greatest Norwegian artist and print maker Edvard Munch; his works and his torment soul have been my inspiration and the key to get where I’m as an artist. Using his own life history which was indicated by suffering, illness, and death, Munch translated personal trauma into unique expressions.

The Scream by Edvard Munch. 1893.
Oil, tempera and pastel on cardboard. Nasjonalgalleriet, Oslo.



4 comments:

Roger Zayas said...

Virna...Virnita!!!

I love your blog!!!!
Qué gran sorpresa y qué gran descubrimiento. Lo tenías bien guardadito!.
Me encanta lo que escribes, como lo escribes y por sobre todas las cosas me encanta tu "arte" en general.
Eres una verdadera "Montra"!!! ja ja ja
Congratulations V....I already "bookmarked" you!!!

V said...

Roger!
Thanks por esas palabras y me encanta que te encante mi arte!!! jejeje El sentimiento se duplica viniendo de una persona tan talentosa como tu… esta locura de los blogs es overwhelming no? pero como se disfruta! Y cuantas inspiration se recive de ellos incluyendo del tuyo Girando y ahora Clicker que me han ensenado mucho.. love intercambiar ideas y compartir conocimientos contigo y las demas yerbas aromaticas … wao! una Montra!!! thank you!

Anonymous said...

V,

I've seen you grow and mature over the years. You and yours have been in my life for over 15 years! Long time...and I'm glad you were part of it. We've all gone through some kind of metamorphosis since then. I'm grateful for that...

Thank you for my "Fue Ayer y No Ne Acuerdo" paininting. I love it. It came at the right moment in my life. Every morning I wake up and there it is. A new day symbolized by the strokes of your brush. Brilliant!

I love your paintings, they speak of you and where your soul has been. I can't wait to see the ones that will speak of what's to come. They are going to be big! You will be what you want to be.

Always,
Kathy

V said...

Kathy my dear your words left me speechless, I’m so glad having you in my life too, as you always say we are Women of Wealth and is our job to renew ourselves, to come out with ways that make us better persons. Thanks for you unconditional strength and friendship.