Saturday, August 16, 2008

Selfportrait

This is a brand new space set to show not only my designs and artwork, but also inspirations and motivations. I have such of variety of interests that may confuse the clearest mind. One of my source of inspirations are books. I want to talk about a book that has me trapped since I turned the first page. The layout of Jaime Sabine… Una Mordida al Corazonby Carla Zarebska is wild and fascinating.
____________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________

Each page is a rage of design elements, the only consistence and what tied the book together is the color blue. Some pages are written upside down (you should see the look I get while reading in the train), left to right or right to left, it also uses a minimum of 127 different type of fonts, styles and sizes, 47 different page orientation, propaganda, paper notes, woodcuts, sketches, photos, book covers, newspaper articles, stamps, you named this book has it. For some designers the book layout wouldn’t make sense at all, some others may find it captivating, for me, creatively speaking, is the perfect portrait of myself.
____________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this book is very representative in my life, sui generis in its design and how to construct the biography of a great master. Thank you for bringing it to my present!

V said...

I’m glad this post brings good memories to you. This book has been my companion since a friend of mine gave it to me. Fantastic design and remarkable reading, Sabine takes my breath way. Each page is a true gem of inspiration and the most organized disorder I’ve ever seen.

Anonymous said...

;-) MY MASTER!!